The German insurance market is faced with major changes. The high number of offers from insurance companies and financial services providers increases competitive pressure. Government regulations complicate the market development and require the adaptation of processes. Customer’s increasing transparency requirements and the difficult situation in the capital market force insurance companies to develop profitable new business models. Companies in the insurance sector should seek answers to the following questions:
- What are the long-term effects of the economic and financial crisis on the insurance sector?
- How to ensure a differentiating market positioning?
- What is our next profitable business model?
- Which possibilities exist to retain price-sensitive customers to the company despite increasing price transparency from digital media and comparison portals?
- How can we design the acquisition of new customers more efficiently?
- Which measures promote the direct customer contact to our own product and service offers?
- How can we take advantage of the opportunities multichannel marketing offers?