Companies in the pharmacy sector are currently under growing pressure for action. Expiring patents, competitive pressure by generic pharmaceuticals and increasing regulatory requirements are major barriers in ensuring profitable growth. Simultaneously, customers increasingly demand for transparent information. Furthermore, there is a major challenge to conciliate high quality requirements with innovative manufacturing methods and cost pressure. This results in central questions for a successful strategic course:
- How can we achieve sustainable growth in a tougher market environment by cost-effective generic pharmaceuticals?
- Which possibilities exist to improve the revenues from existing products?
- How can we successfully exploit new sales channels to perform much better in the market?
- How can we increase the innovation frequency and success rate from research and development?
- How can we timely identify those technologies which enable us to attain a strategic competitive edge?